Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Direct/Indirect SET 1

Directions : In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q1.
The teacher told the students to read the paragraph and to explain it in simple language in
their own words.
(a) The teacher said to the students,"Read this paragraph and explain it in simple language in your
own words."
(b) The teacher said to the students, "Read the paragraph and explain it in simple language in your
own words."
(c) The teacher asked the students, "Read the paragraph and explain it in simple language in your
own words."
(d) The teacher said to the students, "Read the paragraph and explain it in simple language."
Q2. She exclaimed with sorrow that was a very miserable plight.
(a) She said with sorrow, "What a pity it is."
(b) She said, "What a mystery it is."
(c) She said, "What a miserable sight it is."
(d) She said, "What a miserable plight it is."
Q3. The new minister said, “I think the number of immigrants right now is fine, but I don’t think we
need any more”.

(a) The new minister said that he thought the number of migrants right then was fine but he didn't
think they need any more.
(b) The new minister said that he thought the number of migrants right then was fine but he didn't
think they needed any more.
(c) The new minister said that he thinks the number of migrants right then was fine but he didn't
think they needed any more.
(d) The new minister says that he thought the number of migrants then was fine but he didn't think
they needed any more.
Q4. The nurse said to the patient, “Stay in bed”.
(a) The nurse had asked the patent to stay in bed.
(b) The patient was asked by the nurse to stay in bed.
(c) The nurse advised the patient to stay in bed.
(d) The nurse told the patient to be staying in bed.
Q5. “Tinu, where have you been all these days asked the Principal.
(a) The Principal asked Tinu where he had been all those days.
(b) The Principal asked Tinu where he has been all those days.
(c) The Principal asked Tinu wherehad he been all those days.
(d) The Principal asked toTinu where was he all those days.
Q6. “Do you want to insure your luggage or not?” he asked.
(a) He asked whether I want to insure my luggage or not.
(b) He asked in case I wanted to insure my luggage.
(c) He asked if you wanted to insure your luggage.
(d) He asked whether I wanted to insure my luggage or not.
Q7. King Midas said to the stranger, “There is nothing in the world that I like better than gold”.
(a) King Midas told the stranger that he liked nothing in the world and gold.
(b) King Midas told the stranger that he liked nothing like the world and gold.
(c) King Midas told the stranger that there was nothing in the world that he liked better than gold.
(d) King Midas told the stranger that there was nothing in the world better than gold.

Q8. “Have you completed your assignment, Minu?” said her brother.
(a) Minu’s brother asked Minu if you have finished your assignment.
(b) Minu’s brother said to Minu if she had finished her assignment.
(c) Minus brother asked her if she had finished her assignment.
(d) Minu’s brother asked Minu if she has finished her assignment
Q9. My mother confessed with regret that she had squandered all her money.
(a) My mother said, “How stupid of me that I have squandered all my money.”
(b) My mother said, “I am a fool to squander all my money.”
(c) My mother said, “Alas! I have squandered all my money.”
(d) My mother said, “I have been very foolish to squander all my money.''
Q10. He says, "I go for a walk every morning".
(a) He says that he goes for a walk every morning.
(b) He said that he used to go for a walk every morning
(c) He said that he goes for a walk every morning.
(d) He says he went for a walk every morning.
Q11. He demanded of me why I had insulted his brother.
(a) He asked me, “Why had you insulted my brother?”
(b) He said to me, “Why did you insult my brother?”
(c) He inquired of me, “Why had I insulted his brother?”
(d) He said to me, “Did you insult my brother?”
Q12. The Principal said, “Why didn’t you attend the flag hoisting ceremony, Anuj?"
(a) The Principal asked Anuj why hadn’t he attended the flag hoisting ceremony.
(b) The Principal asked to Anuj why he hadn’t attended the flag hoisting ceremony.
(c) The Principal asked Anuj why didn’t he attend the flag hoisting ceremony.
(d) The Principal asked Anuj why he didn’t attend the flag hoisting ceremony
Q13. He told me that he had never seen such a lazy boy as I was.
(a) He said to me, “I have never seen such a lazy boy as you are.”

(b) He said to me, “I had never seen such a lazy boy as you are.”
(c) He told to me, “I have never seen such a lazy boy as I was.”
(d) He told, “I have never seen such a lazy boy as you are.”
Q14. “I needn’t tell you how grateful I am," he said.
(a) He said that I needn’t tell you how grateful he was.
(b) He said that he need not tell me how grateful was he to me.
(c) He said that he need not tell him how grateful he is.
(d) He said that he needn’t tell him how grateful he was.
Q15. I said to him, “Where have you lost the pen I brought for you yesterday?”
(a) I asked him where he had lost the pen I had brought him yesterday.
(b) I asked him where he had lost the pen I have brought for him the previous day.
(c) I asked him where he had lost the pen I had brought for him the previous day.
(d) I asked him where had he lost the pen 1 had brought him the previous day.
Q16. “Let's light a fire and cook our sausages," said the children.
(a) The children suggested to light a fire and cook the sausages.
(b) The children said that the sausages are to be cooked on a fire.
(c) The children requested to light a fire to cook our sausages.
(d) The children asked to light a fire to cook the sausages.
Q17. “Need I eat it all mummy?'’ said the child. “Yes dear, you must,” she said.
(a) The child asked his mother if he had to eat it all up. The mother replied that he had to eat it all
up.
(b) The child asked his mother if he has to eat it all and the mother replied yes.
(c) The child asked his mother whether he must eat it all and the mother replied that he must.
(d) The child asked his mother whether it is necessary to eat it all up. The mother said yes.
Q18. He said, “Garima wants to take up- a job while her husband wants her to look after the
family.”

(a) He said that Garima wanted to take up a job while her husband wanted her to look after thefamily.
(b) He said that Garima wants to take up a job while her husband wanted her to look after the
family.
(c) He told that Garima wanted to take up a job while her husband wants her to look after the
family.
(d) He said to Garima that though she wanted to take up a job while her husband wanted her to
look after the family.
Q19. He said,' “Ravi, why are you sounding so depressed today?"
(a) He asked Ravi why did he sound so depressed that day.
(b) He asked Ravi why he was sounding so depressed that day.
(c) He told Ravi why he sounded so depressed today.
(d) He asked Ravi that why was he sounding so depressed that day.
Q20. The peon said, “Where shall I put the bag?’’
(a) The peon asked where would he put the bag.
(b) The peon wanted to know where he should put the bag.
(c) The peon asked where should he put bag.
(d) The peon wondered where he would put the bag.
Q21. “The facts, Mr. Sharma, the facts!” Mohan cut in.
(a) Mr. Sharma’s speech was cut short by Mohan who asked him to look into the facts of the case.
(b) Mohan bluntly asked Mr. Sharma not to ignore the facts of the case.
(c) Mohan interrupted Mr. Sharma’s speech and forcefully drew his attention to the facts of the
matter under conversation.
(d) Mohan loudly snubbed Mr. Sharma and charged him that the latter ignored the facts of the case.
Q22. She said, “When I was a child, I wasn’t afraid of ghosts.”
(a) She said that when she was a child she wasn't not afraid of ghosts.
(b) She said that when she was a child she hadn’t been afraid of ghosts.

(c) She said that when she was a child she wasn’t afraid of ghosts.
(d) She said that when she had been a child she wasn’t afraid of ghosts.
Q23. Mohan said, “I want to become a doctor.”
(a) Mohan wished that he should become a doctor.
(b) Mohan remarked that he had wanted to become a doctor.
(c) Mohan told that I want to become a doctor.
(d) Mohan said that he wanted to become a doctor.
Q24. “Sita,” said Ravi, “Is one of the best dancers we have ever seen.”
(a) Ravi said that Sita is one of the best dancers we had ever seen.
(b) Sita said that Ravi was one of the best dancers they had ever seen.
(c) Ravi said that Sita was one of the best dancers they had ever seen.
(d) Ravi told Sita that she was one of the best dancers they had ever seen.
Q25. "Were you very busy yesterday?” he said.
(a) He asked him whether he should be busy the previous day.
(b) He asked him whether he is very busy the previous day.
(c) He asked him whether he had been very busy the previous day.
(d) He asked him whether he would be busy the previous day.
Q26. “Have you ever seen Tajmahal?” he said.
(a) He asked him whether he has ever seen Tajmahal.
(b) He asked him whether he ever seen Tajmahal.
(c) He said that had he ever seen Tajmahal.
(d) He asked him whether he had ever seen Tajmahal.
Q27. Sitara asked me, “Have you taken your laptop?”
(a) Sitara asked me if I had taken the laptop.
(b) Sitara asked me if we had taken the laptop.
(c) Sitara asked me whether I had taken my laptop.
(d) Sitara asked me if suppose I have taken my laptop.
Q28. He said. "Let Hari come with us, mother. I’ll take care of him”
(a) He requested his mother to let Hari come with them as he will take care of him.
(b) He informed his mother to let Hari come with them as he would take care of him.
(c) He told his mother to let Hari come with them as he would take care of him.
(d) He told to his mother let Hari come with us as he would take care of him.
Q29. He welcomed me to his house.
(a) He said, “Welcome to my house.”
(b) He said, “Welcome home.”
(c) He said, “Please come in.”
(d) He said, “You are welcomed here!”
Q30. Vinay told me that he had been writing a letter the day before.
(a) Vinay said, “I will write a letter tomorrow.”
(b) Vinay said, “I will write a letter tomorrow.”
(c) Vinay said, “I was writing a letter yesterday.”
(d) Vinay said, “I had been writing a letter yesterday.”
Q31. I said to her, “All your faults will be pardoned if you confess them."
(a) I told her that all her faults will be pardoned if you con¬ fess them.
(b) I told her that all her faults would be pardoned if she confessed them.
(c)I told her that all her faults will have to be pardoned if she confessed them.
(d) I told her that all her faults would have to be pardoned if she confessed them.
Q32. The teacher said to the student, “Why were you absent yesterday?"
(a)The teacher asked the student why had been he absent the previous day.
(b)The teacher asked the student why had he been absent the previous day.
(c)The teacher informed the student that why he had been absent the next day.
(d)The teacher asked the student why he had been absent the previous day.
Q33. “Rain rain go away, little boy wants to play.”
(a) The little boy requested the rain to go away as he wanted to play.
(b) He begged the rain to go away as he wanted to play.

(c) He informed the rain to go away as he wanted to play.
(d) The little boy wondered the rain to go away as he wanted to play.
Q34. “Can you lend me your pen?’ she said to me.
(a) She asked whether I can lend her my pen.
(b) She asked to me if I can lend her my pen.
(c) She asked me if I could lend her my pen.
(d) She asked whether she could lend me your pen.
Q35. Tanishq asked whether anyone had seen her pet.
(a) Tanishq asked, “Did you see my pet?”
(b) Tanishq asked, “Is the pet here?"
(c) Tanishq asked, “Has anyone seen my pet?”
(d) Tanishq, “Have you see any pet?”
Q36. “I lost my pen yesterday,” he said.
(a) He said that he was lost his pen the previous day.
(b) He said that he lost his pen the previous day.
(c) He said that he had lost his pen the previous day.
(d) He said that he loses his pen the previous day.
Q37. Ram asked me, “How much have you paid for this umbrella?”
(a) Ram asked me how much he had paid for that umbrella.
(b) Ram asked me whether how much I had paid for that umbrella.
(c) Ram asked me how much I had paid for that umbrella.
(d) Ram asked me how much I have paid for that umbrella.
Q38. "No," said the child, “I won't kneel for if I do, I shall spoil my new pair of trousers."
(a) The child said that he would not “kneel for if he did so he will spoil his new pair of trousers.
(b) The child said that he will not kneel for if he kneels he will spoil his new pair of trousers.
(c) The child said that he would not kneel for if he did so he would spoil his new pair of trousers.
(d) The child said that I will not kneel for if he did kneel, he should spoil his new pair of trousers.

Q39. The chairman of the selection committee said, “We shall finalize the rest of our team after we
have selected the skipper."
(a) The chairman of the selection committee told that they would finalize the rest of our team after
we have selected the skipper.
(b) The chairman of the selection committee said that we would finalize the rest of our team after we
have selected the skipper.
(c) The chairman of the selection committee said that they would finalize the rest of their team after
they selected the skipper.
(d) The chairman of the selection committee said that they would finalize the rest of their team after
they had selected the skipper.
Q40. She wanted to know whether butterflies drank water.
(a) She wanted to know “Do butterflies drink water?”
(b) She asked, “Do butterflies drink water?”
(c) She asked, “Did butterflies drank water?”
(d) “Does butterflies drinks water?” she asked.
Q41. He said, “Has anybody been unkind to you?”
(a) He asked me if anybody had been unkind to me.
(b) He asked me had anybody been unkind to me.
(c) He asked me if anybody had been unkind to you.
(d) He asked me if anybody had been unkind to him.
Q42. “I'm tired,” he says every evening.
(a) Every day in the evening he is getting tired.
(b) Every evening he says that he is tired.
(c) He is getting tired every evening.
(d) Every evening he says that he was getting tired.
Q43. The pilot said, “Please don't panic but tighten your seat belts.
(a) The pilot told to the passengers that they should not panic but tighten the seat belts.

(b) The pilot told the passengers to not panic but to tighten their seat belts instead.
(c) The pilot told the passengers not to panic but to tighten your seat belts.
(d) The pilot told the passenger not to panic but tighten their seat belts.
Q44. Radha said that the manager would go to Bombay the next day.
(a) Radha said, “Our manager will go to Bombay tomorrow.”
(b) Radha said, “Our manager will be going to Bombay the next day.”
(c) Radha said, “Our manager might be going to Bombay the next day.”
(d) Radha said, “Our manager might go to Bombay tomorrow.”
Q45. “When will I be able to vote?” I asked my mother.
(a) I asked my mother when would he be able to vote.
(b) I asked to my mother when I will be able to vote.
(c) I asked my mother when I would be able to vote.
(d) I asked my mother when would I be able to vote.
Q46. He asked me if I had been ill.
(a) He said to me, “Are you ill?”
(b) He said to me, “Were you ill?”
(c) He said to me, “Had you been ill?”
(d) He said to me, “Have you been ill?”
Q47. I said, “Father, when will you buy me a motor cycle?”
(a) I asked my father when will he buy me a motorcycle.
(b) I asked my father when he will buy me a motor cycle.
(c) I asked my father when would he buy me a motor cycle.
(d) I asked my father when he would buy me a motor cycle.
Q48. He looked at the sky and said, “How beautifully the clouds are floating!”
(a) He looked at the sky and exclaimed with joy that the clouds were floating beautifully.
(b) Looking at the sky he told that the clouds are floating beautifully.
(c) He looked at the sky and said that the clouds very beautifully are floating.

(d) He looked at the sky and said that the floating clouds are beautiful.Q49. “Who's the conductor of this bus?” he said, and paused for a reply.
(a) He said who the conductor of that bus was and paused for a reply.
(b) He asked who was the conductor of that bus and paused for a reply.
(c) He asked whether who the conductor of that bus was and paused for a reply.
(d) He asked who the conductor of that bus was and paused for a reply.
Q50. He said to me, “Is there any possibility of my getting promotion this year?”
(a) He asked me if there was any possibility of my getting promotion this year.
(b) He asked me if there was any possibility of his getting promotion this year.
(c) He asked me if there was any possibility of his getting promotion that year."
(d) He asked me if there is any possibility of his getting promotion this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions : In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q51.
The dealer said, “Either make your purchases or walk out of my shop.”
(a) The dealer told the customer that he would either make his purchases or walk out of his shop.
(b) The dealer ordered the customer to make his purchases and walk out of his shop.
(c) The dealer told the customer that he should either make his purchases, or walk out of his shop.
(d) The dealer requested the customer to make his purchases or walk out of his shop.
Q52. I said to her, “Do you know how to dance?”
(a) I asked her if she does know dancing.
(b) I asked her if she had known how to dance.
(c) I asked her if she was known how to dance.
(d) I asked her if she knew how to dance.
Q53. Baruch said, “I might leach English Literature next semester.”
(a) Baruch said that he is going to teach English Literature next semester.
(b) Baruch said that he will teach English Literature next semester.
(c) Baruch said that he might teach English Literature next semester.
(d) Baruch said that he might be teaching English Literature next semester.
Q54. The cow begged in front of the lion, "Let me go home. It's late, my calf must be waiting for me
as it is dark now."

(a) The cow begged in front of the lion to allow it to go home. It was late and its calf must be waiting
for it as it was dark then.
(b) The cow begged in front of the lion to allow it to go home .It was late and its calf must have been
waiting for it as it was dark then.
(c) The cow begged in front of the lion to allow it to go home. It was late and its calf must be waiting
for it as it is dark then.
(d) The cow begs in front of the lion to allow it to go home. It was late and its calf must be waiting
for it as it was dark then.
Q55. He said, “I am going to college just now.”
(a) He said that he was going to college just now
(b) He asked that he was going to college just then
(c) He said that he was going to college just then
(d) He asked that he was going to college just now
Q56. He said to us, “Why are you all sitting about there doing nothing?"
(a) He asked us why are we all sitting about there doing nothing
(b) He asked us why we are all sitting about there doing nothing.
(c) He asked us why we were all sitting about there doing nothing.
(d) He asked us why were we all sitting about there doing nothing.
Q57. The teacher said to me, “What is your name?”
(a) The teacher told me what my name was.
(b) The teacher asked me what my name was.
(c) The teacher asked me what my name is.
(d) The teacher asked me what was my name.
Q58. “May you live long and prosper", said the old lady to her son.
(a) The old lady blessed her son with long life and wished him prosperity.
(b) The old lady prayed for her son‟s long life and prosperity'
(c) The old lady prayed for her son and said that he might live long and prosper.
(d) The old lady blessed her son and prayed for his long life and prosperity.
Q59. John said to me. “Do you play cricket?”
(a) John told me whether he played cricket.
(b) John asked me whether he played cricket.
(c) John asked me whether he played cricket.
(d) John asked me whether I played cricket.
Q60. “Many happy returns of your birthday", we said.
(a) We greeted him on his birthday.
(b) We said that many happy returns of your birthday.

(c) We wished him many happy returns of his birthday.
(d) We prayed for many happy returns of his birthday.
Q61. He asked me why I did not come on time the previous day.
(a) He said to me. “Why didn't I come on time yesterday?”
(b) He asked me, “Why didn't you come on time the previous day?”
(c) He asked me, “Why you didn't come on time yesterday?”
(d) He asked me, “Why didn't you come on time yesterday?”
Q62. I said to the boy, “Will you step with me into the garden?"
(a) I asked the boy if he would step with me into the garden.
(b) I said to the boy if he would step with me in the garden.
(c) I said to the boy if he would like to step with mo in the garden.
(d) I requested the boy to step with me in the garden.
Q63. “We‟ll go for an outing tomorrow,” said Laila's father, “So you had better complete your
homework this evening.”
(a) Laila's father told her to complete her homework that evening as they would be going for an
outing the next day.
(b) Laila's father told her to complete her homework this evening as they would be going for an
outing the next day.
(c) Laila's father tells her to complete her homework this evening as they would be going for an
outing the next day.
(d) Laila's father had told her to complete her homework that evening as they would be going for an
outing the next day.
Q64. My brother said that honesty is the best policy.
(a) My brother said that, “Honesty is the best policy.”
(b) My brother told me, “Honesty is the best policy.”
(c) My brother said, “Honesty was the best policy.”
(d) My brother said, “Honesty is the best policy.”
Q65. “Give yourself fifteen minutes and walk gently,” Uncle Podger always said.
(a) Uncle Podger always advised me to give myself fifteen minutes and walk gently.
(b) Uncle Podger always ordered me to take fifteen minutes and walk gently.
(c) Uncle Podger always requested me to take fifteen minutes and walk gently.
(d) Uncle Podger always asked me to take fifteen minutes and walk gently.
Q66. She said, “My brother is expected to be back today.”
(a) She said that her brother was expected to be back that day.
(b) She said her brother was expected to be back today.
(c) She said that her brother was expected to be back today.
(d) She said that her brother was expected to be back this day.

Q67. He said, “I shall go as soon as it is possible.”
(a) He said that he would go as soon as it was possible.
(b) He told he will go as soon as possible.
(c) He asked whether to go as soon as it was possible.
(d) He suggested that he will go as soon as it was possible.
Q68. He said, “Ravi, why are you sounding so dejected today?”
(a) He asked Ravi why he sounded so dejected that day?
(b) He asked to Ravi why he was sounding so dejected that day.
(c) He asked Ravi why he was sounding so dejected today
(d) He asked Ravi why he was sounding so dejected that day.
Q69. He said, “Bravo! You have done well.‟"
(a) He applauded him to say that he had done well.
(b) He applauded him and said that you have done well.
(c) He applauded him, saying that he has done well.
(d) He applauded him, saying that he had done well.
Q70. He said to us, “What did he have last night?”
(a) He inquired of us what had he have last night.
(b) He asked us what he had the previous night.
(c) He asked us that what did he have the previous night.
(d) He asked us what had he had the last night.
Q71. The man said, “What I give today I trust that tomorrow I shall be able to earn back.”
(a) The man said that what he gave that day he trusted he would be able to return the next day.
(b) The man said to give him his trust so that he would be able to earn back the next day.
(c) The man asked what to give that day as he trusted that the next day he would earn back.
(d) The man said that he trusted he would be able to earn back the next day what he gave that day.
Q72. “Forget your differences,” said the judge.
(a) The judge ordered that forget your differences.
(b) The judge asked them to forget their differences.
(c) The judge requested them to forget their differences.
(d) The judge ordered them to forget their differences.
Q73. “I shall remain here and the tailor won‟t be able to find me,” said she.
(a) She said that she should remain there and the tailor won‟t be able to find me.
(b) She said that she should remain there and the tailor would not be able to find her.
(c) She said that she would remain there and the tailor would not be able to find her.
(d) She said that, she could remain here and the tailor would not find her.

Q74. Mother said, “Gaurav, you will be eligible for voting when you are 18.”
(a) Mother told Gaurav he would be eligible for voting when he was 18.
(b) Mother told Gaurav that he could vote only after 18.
(c) Mother told Gaurav you will be eligible for voting when you are 18.
(d) Mother told Gaurav that he would be eligible for voting when he would be 18.
Q75. He says, “I am going to the disco now."
(a) He says that he is going to the disco now.
(b) He said that he was going to the disco then.
(c) He says that he was going to the disco then.
(d) He said that he was going to the disco now.
Q76. Tom said that he had had a strange experience the day before.
(a) Torn said, 'I have a strange experience yesterday".
(b) Tom said, “I have had a strange experience yesterday”.
(c) Tom said, "I experienced a strange experience yesterday".
(d) Tom said, “I had had a strange experience yesterday”.
Q77. The actress said, "It took me three years to reduce the excess weight.”
(a) The actress said that it took her three years to reduce the excess weight.
(b) The actress said that it had taken me three years to reduce the excess weight.
(c) The actress said that it would take her three years to reduce the excess weight.
(d) The actress said that it had taken her three years to reduce the excess weight.
Q78. „From one of the windows of my flat I can see the Qutub Minar‟, said my friend.
(a) My friend told that from one of the windows of his flat he could see the Qutub Minar.
(b) My friend said that from one of the windows of his flat he can see the Qutub Minar.
(c) My friend said that from one of the windows of his flat he could see the Qutub Minar.
(d) My friend told that from one of the windows of his flat he can see the Qutub Minar.
Q79. Shanker said to his friend, “Look out! there is a snake behind you."
(a)Shanker told his friend to look out as there was a snake be¬ hind him.
(b)Shanker exclaimed to his friend with surprise that there was a snake behind him.
(c) Seeing a snake behind him, Shanker asked his friend to look out.
(d)Shanker warned his friend that there is a snake behind him.
Q80. “I‟m sorry I‟m unable to repay the loan in time,” said the customer.
(a) The customer regrets that he was unable to repay the loan in time.
(b) The customer regretted that he is unable to repay the loan in time.
(c) The customer regretted that he was unable to repay the loan in time.
(d) The customer said that he could be unable to repay the loan in time.

Q81. “You'd better leave this work alone,” the man said.
(a) The man said to me to leave this work alone.
(b) The man told me to better leave this work alone.
(c) The man warned me to leave that work alone.
(d) The man said I should leave this work alone.
Q82. Pooja said, “Ridhi, do you want another cake?”
(a) Pooja asked Ridhi do you want another cake.
(b) Pooja asked Ridhi if she wanted another cake.
(c) Pooja said to Ridhi you wanted another cake.
(d) Pooja said if you wanted another cake.
Q83. They said, “The boy will soon be found and we will bring him.”
(a) They said that boy would be found and brought.
(b) They said that the boy would soon be found, and that they would bring him.
(c) They informed him that the boy would soon be found, and they ought to bring him.
(d) They told that the boy will be found soon and they will bring him.
Q84. “Stop talking children,” said the teacher.
(a) The teacher ordered the children to stop talking.
(b) The teacher asks the children to stop talking.
(c) The teacher told to the children to stop talking.
(d) The teacher said the children to stop talking.
Q85. The lady said that they had been witnessing the programme.
(a) The lady said, “We were witnessing the programme.”
(b) The lady says, “We are witnessing the programme.”
(c) The lady said, “We witnessed the programme.”
(d) The lady says, “We had witnessed the programme.”
Q86. The teacher said to Ram, “Would you like to go on a trip to Kashmir?" Ram said, “Yes"
(a)The teacher asked if Ram would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes.
(b)The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes.
(c)The teacher asked flam if he would have liked to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied in the
affirmative.
(d)The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied in the
affirmative.
Q87. “Suppose you children go out for a nice long walk”, she said.
(a)She proposed that the children went out for a nice long walk.
(b)She advised that the children go out for a nice long walk.
(c)She suggested that the children go out for a nice long walk.
(d)She suggested that the children should go out for a nice long walk.

Q88. Everybody said, “How well she sings!”
(a) Everybody told us that she sings very well.
(b) Everybody exclaimed that she sings very well.
(c) Everybody exclaimed that she sang very well.
(d) Everybody told us that how she sang very well.
Q89. The tired salesman said to them, "Please give me a glass of water.”
(a) The tired salesman said to them to give him a glass of water.
(b) The tired salesman ordered them to give a glass of water.
(c) The tired salesman requested them to give him a glass of water.
(d) The tired salesman said please give him a glass of water.
Q90. The policeman told the students, “Do not throw garbage here."
(a) The policeman asked them not to throw garbage here.
(b) The policeman asked them not to throw garbage there.
(c) The policeman asked them not to throw garbage.
(d) The policeman asked not throw garbage here.
Q91. The man said, “All the boys are playing in the street.”
(a) The man told us that all the boys were playing in the street.
(b) The man told us that all the boys play in the street.
(c) The man told us that all the boys in the street are playing.
(d) The man told us that all the boys had been playing in the street.
Q92. She said, “I am sorry I did not write.”
(a) She apologized she is sorry, she did not write.
(b) She apologized she is sorry, she has not written.
(c) She apologized and added that she was sorry, she had not written.
(d) She apologized for I did not write.
Q93. “Alright, yes, I was wrong and you were right,” he said.
(a) He admitted that I was wrong and you were right.
(b) He admitted that I was wrong and he was right.
(c) He admitted that he had been wrong and I had been right.
(d) He admitted that he has been wrong and I have been right.
Q94. Nirmal said to us. “My father gave me a purse yesterday.”
(a) Nirmal told us that his father had given him a purse the previous day.
(b) Nirmal told us that his father has given him a purse yesterday.
(c) Nirmal told us that his father had given him a purse yesterday.
(d) Nirmal told us that my father given me a purse the previous day.
Q95. I asked my brother if he had returned the money to his friend.
I said to my brother ,
(a) “Have you return the money to his friend?"
(b) “Have you returned the money to your friend?"
(c) “Do you return the money to his friend.”
(d) “Had you returned the money to my friend.”
Q96. Bindu's mother: “Will you lock the cupboard Bindu?”
(a) Bindu's mother asked Bindu if he would lock the cupboard.
(b) Bindu's mother asked Bindu if he had locked the cupboard.
(c) Bindu's mother said lock the cupboard.
(d) Bindu's mother told Bindu that he need not lock the cupboard.
Q97. The old man of Latur said, “Alas, my only son is dead!”
(a) The old man of Latur exclaimed with sorrow that his, only son was dead.
(b)The old man of Latur told with pain that his only son was dead.
(c)The old man of Latur expressed with anguish that his only son was dead.
(d)The old man of Latur sorrow¬ fully narrated that his only son was dead.
Q98. I said, “Let Mohan do his worst, he cannot harm me.”
(a)I suggested to Mohan to do his worst, he could not harm me.
(b) I told that if Mohan did his worst, he could not harm me.
(c) I declared that Mohan might do his worst, he could not harm me.
(d) I declared that though Mohan might do his worst, he could not harm me.
Q99. “Call the first witness”, said the Judge.
(a) The judge commanded to call the first witness.
(b) The judge commanded them to call the first witness.
(c) The judge commanded that the first witness be called.
(d) The judge commanded the first witness to be called.


Q100. The queen said to her son, “You must go to the forest and remain there till your father calls
you back.”
(a) The queen ordered her son to go to the forest and remain there till his father calls him back.
(b) The queen told her son that he must go to the forest and remain there till his father called
himback.
(c) The queen told his son that you must go to the forest and remain there till your father called you
back.
(d) The queen told her son to go to the forest and remained there till his father called him back.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment