Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Direct/Indirect SET 2

Directions : In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q101.
“Are you ready Raju?” Mother asked.
(a) Mother told Raju if he was ready.
(b) Mother asked Raju if he was ready.
(c) Mother wanted to know from Raju if he was ready.
(d) Mother asked Raju if he would be ready.
Q102. Ann told my brother, “I will meet you in your class."
(a) Ann told my brother that I would meet you in your class.
(b) Ann told my brother that she would meet him in his class.
(c) Ann told my brother that she would meet him in her class.
(d) Ann told my brother that he will meet her in her class.
Q103. Filled with shame, she replied that she could not help snoring, and hoped that her son
would understand.
(a) “I can‟t help snoring, son,” she said, filled with shame. “I hope son will understand.”
(b) “I am sorry but I can‟t help snoring, son,” she said. “I hope son understand."

(c) “I hope you understand that I can't help snoring,” she told her son.
(d) “Son, I can‟t help it, but I hope you understand that I snore, " she said.
Q104. I said, “When it
gets dark, light the lantern and hang it out."
(a) I said that when it got dark he light the lantern and hung it out.
(b) I requested that when it got dark he may light the lantern and hang it out.
(c) I said that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hang it out.
(d) I told that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hang it out.
Q105. The teacher said to Ashok, “1 shall report the matter to the Principal if you misbehave
again.”
(a) The teacher told Ashok that ' he would be reporting the matter to the Principal if he misbehaved
again.
(b) The teacher warned Ashok that he would report the matter to the Principal if he misbehaved
again.
(c) The teacher threatened Ashok to report the matter to the Principal if he would misbehave again.
(d) The teacher cautioned Ashok about reporting the matter to the Principal if he misbehaved again.
Q106. “Mohan made this mess. Let him clear it up”, said his father.
(a) Mohan‟s father said that Mohan had made the mess and proposed that he clear it up.
(b) Mohan‟s father said that Mohan had made the mess and that he was to clear it.
(c) Mohan‟s father said that Mohan had made the mess and suggested that he clear it.
(d) Mohan‟s father said that Mohan had made the mess and that he should clear it.
Q107. “Do as you wish, but don‟t come and ask me for help if you get into difficulties."He said to
me.
(a) He told me to do as he wished or he wouldn‟t come and help me if l got into difficulties.
(b) He told me to do as I wished but not to go and ask him for help if I got into difficulties.
(c) He ordered me to do as I wished, but not to go and ask him for help if, I got into difficulties.
(d) He told me that unless I did as I wished he would not come and help me if I got into difficulties.
Q108.“ How dare you come in without permission?” she asked.
(a) She asked how he could dared to come in without permission.

(b) She said to him to dare to come in without permission.
(c) She asked him how he dared to come in without permission.
(d) She told him if he could dare to come in without permission.
Q109.“ I wonder how the magician shows such wonderful magic!” said the boy.
(a) The boy said how he wondered how the magician showed such wonderful magic.
(b) The boy wondered how the magician would show such wonderful magic.
(c) The boy wondered how the magician showed such wonderful magic.
(d) The boy wondered how such wonderful magic shown by the magician.
Q110. She said to me, ”It has been raining heavily and you cannot go.”
(a) She told me that it had been raining heavily and I could not go.
(b) She told me that it was raining heavily and I could not go.
(c) She told me that it has been raining heavily and I could not go.
(d) She told me that it is raining heavily and I could not go.
Q111. John said to me, ”Where have you been last night?”
(a) John asked me where had I been the previous night.
(b) John asked me where have I been the previous night.
(c) John asked me where I am the previous night.
(d) John asked me where I had been the previous night.
Q112.„‟I am taking my children to the zoo tomorrow ,‟‟she said “to see the baby white tiger.”
(a)She said that she will take the children to the zoo to see the baby white tiger tomorrow.
(b) She said that she would take the children to the zoo the next day to see the baby white tiger.
(c)She said that she was taking her children to the zoo the next day to see the baby white tiger.
(d) She said that she was taking the children to the zoo that day to see the baby white tiger.
Q113. My Daddy always says, "Getting up early in the morning is a good habit."
(a) My Daddy always says that to get up early in the morning is a good habit
(b) My Daddy always says that getting up early in the morning is a good habit
(c) My Daddy always advises that getting up early in the morning was a good habit

(d) My Daddy always warns that to get up early in the morning was a good habit.Q114. “Be quiet" I said to them.
(a) I told them to be quiet
(b) I asked them to remain quiet
(c) I told to them for being quiet
(d) I ordered them to remain quiet
Q115. The man said, “We work as engineers in the Team that handles backend operations.”
(a) The man said that they worked as engineers in the Team that handles backend operations.
(b) The man said that they work as engineers in the Team that handled backend operations .
(c) The man said that they work as engineers in the Team that handles backend operations
(d) The man said they work as engineers in the Team that handles backend operations
Q116. "If you don't keep quiet I shall shoot you", he said to her in a calm voice.
(a) He warned her to shoot if she didn't keep quiet calmly.
(b) He said calmly that I shall shoot you if you don't be quiet.
(c) He warned her calmly that he would shoot her if she didn't keep quiet.
(d) Calmly he warned her that be quiet or else he will have to shoot her.
Q117. The teacher said to Mahesh, “Congratulations! Wish you success in life.”
(a) The teacher congratulated Mahesh and said with you success in life
(b) The teacher wished congratulations and success in life to Mahesh
(c) The teacher said congratulations to Mahesh and wished him success in life
(d) The teacher to congratulated Mahesh and wished him success in life.
Q118. “You can‟t bathe in this sea,” he said to me, “it‟s very rough.”
(a) He said that I can‟t bathe in this sea because it‟s very rough
(b) He said that you couldn‟t bathe in that sea if it was very rough
(c) He said that I couldn‟t bathe in that sea as it was very rough
(d) He said that you can‟t bathe in this sea since it was very rough.

Q119. I told him that he was not working hard.
(a) I said to him, "You are not working."
(b) I told to him, "You are not being working hard."
(c) I said, "You are not working hard."
(d) I said to him, "He were not working hard."
Q120. David said to Anna, “Mona will leave for her native place tomorrow.”
(a) David told Anna that Mona left for her native place the next day
(b) David told Anna that Mona will leave for her native place tomorrow
(c) David told Anna that Mona would leave for her native place the next day
(d) David told to Anna that Mona would be leaving for her native place tomorrow.
Q121. The father warned his son that he should be beware of him.
(a) The father warned his son, “Watch that chap!”
(b) The father warned his son, “Beware of him!”
(c) The father warned his son, “Don‟t fall into the trap.”
(d) The father warned his son, “Be careful about him.”
Q122. Pawan said to me, “If I hear any news, I‟ll phone you.”
(a) Pawan told me if he had heard any news, he would phone me
(b) Pawan told me that if he heard any new, he will phone me
(c) Pawan told me that if he will hear any news, he will phone me
(d) Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he would phone me
Q123. His father ordered him to go to his room and study.
(a) His father said, "Go to your room and study."
(b) His father said to him, "Go and study in your room."
(c) His father shouted, "Go right now to your study room"
(d) His father said firmly, "Go and study in your room."
Q124. Jagdish said, “We passed by a beautiful lake when we went on a trip to Goa.”
(a) Jagdish said that they had passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa
(b) Jagdish said that they had passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa
(c) Jagdish said that they passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa
(d) Jagdish said they passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa
Q125. Farhan asked Geeta, “Could you lend me a hundred rupees until tomorrow?”
(a) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend me a hundred rupees until the next day
(b) Farhan asked whether Geeta could lend me a hundred rupees until the next day
(c) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until the next day
(d) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until tomorrow
Q126. Dhruv said that he was sick and tired of working for that company.
(a) Dhruv said, "I am sick and tired of working for this company."
(b) Dhruv said, "He was tired of that company."
(c) Dhruv said to me, "I am sick and tired of working for this company."
(d) Dhruv said, "I will be tired of working for that company."
Q127. "Are you alone, my son?" asked a soft voice close behind me.
(a) A soft voice asked that what I was doing there alone.
(b) A soft voice said to me are you alone son.
(c) A soft voice from my back asked If I were alone.
(d) A soft voice behind me asked if I was alone.
Q128. She said to him, "Why don't you go today?"
(a) She asked him why he did not go that day.
(b) She said to him why he don't go that day.
(c) She asked him not to go that day.
(d) She asked him why he did not go today.
Q129. He said that India had won the Sahara Cup.
(a) He said, "India had won the Sahara Cup"

(b) He said, "India won the Sahara Cup"
(c) He said, "Wow! India will win the Sahara Cup"
(d) He said, "Hurrah! India has won the Sahara Cup"
Q130. The little girl said to her mother, "Did the sun rise in the East?"
(a) The little girl said to her mother that the sun rose in the East.
(b) The little girl asked her mother if the sun rose in the East.
(c) The little girl said to her mother if the sun rises in the East.
(d) The little girl asked her mother if the sun is in the East.
Q131. “What about going for a swim ?” he said, “It‟s quite fine now.”
(a) He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine them
(b) He proposed going for a swim as it was quite fine
(c) He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine
(d) He advised to me go for a swim as it was quite fine
Q132. Seeta said to me, “Can you give me your pen?”
(a) Seeta asked me can I give her my pen
(b) Seeta asked me if I could give her my pen
(c) Seeta asked me if I can give me your pen
(d) Seeta asked me if I gave her my pen
Q133. “Where will you be tomorrow,” I said, “in case I have to ring you?”
(a) I said to him where he will be in case I have to ring him
(b) I asked where you will be the next day in case I will ring him
(c) I asked where he would be the next day in case I had to ring him
(d) I enquired about his where abouts the next day in case I would have to ring up
Q134. The officer said to him, “If you are late again, I shall dismiss you.”
(a) The officer told him that if he was late again, he shall dismiss him.
(b) The officer informed him that if he is late again, he would dismiss him.

(c) The officer asked him if he was late again he should dismiss him.
(d) The officer threatened to dismiss him if he was late again.
Q135. I said to him, “Why are you working so hard”?
(a) I asked him why was he working so hard
(b) I asked him why he was working so hard
(c) I asked him why he had been working so hard
(d) I asked him why had he been working so hard
Q136. She said that her brother was getting married.
(a) She said, "His brother is getting married."
(b) She told, "His brother is getting married."
(c) She said, "My brother is getting married."
(d) She said, "My brother was getting married."
Q137. Kiran asked me, “Did you see the cricket match on television last night.
(a) Kiran asked me whether I had seen the cricket match on television the earlier night
(b) Kiran asked me whether I had seen the cricket match on television the previous night.
(c) Kiran asked me whether I saw the cricket match on television the earlier night
(d) Kiran asked me did I see the cricket match on television last night
Q138. He said to his father, "Please increase my pocket-money."
(a) He told his father to increase the pocket-money.
(b) He pleaded his father to please increase my pocket money.
(c) He requested his father to increase his pocket-money.
(d) He asked his father to increase his pocket-money.
Q139. The Captain said to his men, “Stand at ease.”
(a) The Captain wanted his men to stand at ease
(b) The Captain told his men that they should stand at ease
(c) The Captain commanded his men to stand at ease

(d) The Captain urged his men to stand at easeQ140. The poor examine said, “O God, take pity on me.”
(a) The poor examinee prayed God to take pity on him
(b) The poor examine asked God to take pity on him
(c) The poor examinee, invoking God, improve him to take pity on him
(d) The poor examinee exclaimed that God take pity on him
Q141. The boy said, "Who dare call you a thief?"
(a) The boy enquired who dared call him a thief.
(b) The boy asked who called him a thief.
(c) The boy told that who dared call him a thief.
(d) The boy wondered who dared call a thief.
Q142. I said to him, “Can you please pay my bill too as I have left my wallet at home?”
(a) I asked him if he could pay my bill too as I had left my wallet at home.
(b) I asked him if he could pay my bill too as had I left my wallet at home.
(c) I told him if he could pay my bill too as I had left my wallet at home.
(d) I asked him if could he pay my bill too as I had left my wallet at home.
Q143. “I came home last night,‟‟said he.
(a) He told that he had come home last night.
(b) He said that he came home last night.
(c) He said that he had come home the previous night.
(d) He says that he came home the previous night.
Q144. The mother screamed at the child,"Did you do this?"How could you be so careless!"
(a) The mother asked the child screamingly if he had done that and wondered how he could be so
careless.
(b) The mother asked the child screamingly if he did that and wondered how he could be so
careless.

(c) The mother asked the child screamingly if he had done that and wondered how could he be so
careless.
(d) The mother asked the child screamingly had he done that and wondered how he could be so
careless.
Q145. His angry mother asked him if he thought that money grew on trees as he kept asking for a
new mobile every month.
(a) "Do you think that money grows on the trees that you keep asking for a new mobile every
month?"asked his angry mother.
(b) "Do you think that money grew on the trees that you keep asking for a new mobile every
month?"asked his angry mother.
(c) "Do you think that money grows on the trees that you keeps asking for a new mobile every
month?"asked his angry mother.
(d) "Did you think that money grows on the trees that you keep asking for a new mobile every
month?"asked his angry mother.
Q146. The wicked queen wanted the guard to promise that he would take that little girl to the forest
and kill her there only then she would spare his life.
(a) "Promise me that you shall take the little girl to the forest and kill her there,"said the wicked
queen to the guard,"only then shall I spare your life."
(b) "Promise me that you will take this little girl to the forest and kill her here,"said the wicked
queen to the guard,"only then shall I spare your life."
(c) "Promise me that you will take this little girl to the forest and kill her there,"said the wicked
queen to the guard,"only then shall I spare your life."
(d) "Promise me that she will take this little girl to the forest and kill her there,"said the wicked
queen to the guard,"only then shall I spare your life."
Q147. Harish pleaded his mother to get him out of there as soon as possible and promised that he
would never cheat anyone in that life again.
(a) "Mother,got me out of here as soon as possible,I promise I will never cheat anyone in this life
again,"said Harish to his mother.
(b) "Mother,get me out of here as soon as possible,I promise I shall never cheat anyone in this life
again,"said Harish to his mother.
(c) "Mother,get me out of here as soon as possible,I promised I will never cheat anyone in this life
again,"said Harish to his mother.

(d) "Mother,get me out of here as soon as possible,I promise I will never cheat anyone in this life
again,"said Harish to his mother.
Q148. The english teacher urged all the students at Pinnacle to take a pledge to make India a clean
country and this would be their gift to Gandhiji on his th Birth anniversary.
(a) "All the students at Pinnacle take a pledge to make India a clean country and this will be our gift
to Gandhiji on his th birth anniversary,"said the english teacher.
(b) "All the students at Pinnacle must take a pledge to make India a clean country and this will be
our gift to Gandhiji on his th birth anniversary, "said the english teacher.
(c) "My dear students at Pinnacle, You must take a pledge to make India a clean country and this
will be our gift to Gandhiji on his th birth anniversary,"said the english teacher.
(d) "All the students at Pinnacle must take a pledge to make India a clean country and that would
be our gift to Gandhiji on his th birth anniversary,"said the english teacher.
Q149. The principal said in a strict tone that he would not tolerate any late comers and non
serious students in that class.Non serious attitude does not do any good.
(a) "I will not tolerate any late comers and non serious students in this class. Non serious attitude
does not do any good,"suggested the principal in a strict tone.
(b) "I will not tolerate any late comers and non serious students in this class . Non serious attitude
does not do any good,"said the principal in a strict tone.
(c)"I will not tolerate any late comers and non serious students in the class. Non serious attitude
does not do any good,"said the principal in a strict tone.
(d) "I will not tolerate any late comers and non serious students in this class. Non serious attitude
does do any good," said the principal in a strict tone.
Q150.The cricket coach said, "Girls! Girls! Do not get abusive, Its just a game and learn to be fair in
a game."
(a) The cricket coach told the girls that they should not get abusive as it was just a game and they
should learn to be fair in a game.
(b) The cricket coach told the girls that they should not get abusive as it was just a game and


everyone should learn to be fair in a game.
(c) The cricket coach told the girls not to get abusive as it was just a game and they should learn to
be fair in a game.
(d) The cricket coach told the girls that they should not get abusive as it were just a game and they
should learn to be fair in a game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions : In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q151.
The little girl said to her father that she had submitted her homework to her teacher even
before she had asked for it. The father exclaimed with joy that it was very nice.
(a) The little girl said to her father, "I had submitted my homework to the teacher even before the
teacher asked for it."The father said," Wow! that is very nice dear!"
(b) The little girl said to her father, "I had submitted my homework to the teacher even before the
teacher asks for it."The father said," Wow! that is very nice dear!"
(c) The little girl said to her father, "I submit my homework to the teacher even before the teacher
asked for it."The father said," Wow! that is very nice dear!"
(d) The little girl said to her father, "I had submitted my homework to the teacher even before the
teacher asked for it."The father said," Wow! That was very nice dear!"
Q152. "Oh my god ! You look so beautiful and fit in the snap just like a film star, Mrinalini , "said
Mrinalini's friend," Thank you"saidMrinalini.
(a) Mrinalini's friend told her that she looked very fit and beautiful in the snap just like a film star
and thanked her.
(b) Mrinalini's friend exclaimed with joy that she looked very fit and beautiful in the snap. Mrinalini
thanked her.

(c) Mrinalini's friend called her a film star and exclaimed with joy that she looked very fit and
beautiful in the snap.Mrinalini thanked her.
(d) Mrinalini's friend exclaimed with joy that she looked very fit and beautiful in the snap just like a
film star. Mrinalini thanked her.
Q153. The principal said to the teachers ,”Ensure that no child is left behind and all the children
get a chance.”
(a) The principal said to the teachers to ensure that no child was left behind and all the children get
a chance.
(b) The principal said to the teachers that ensure that no child was left behind and all the children
got a chance.
(c) The principal said to the teachers to ensure that no child was left behind and all the children got
a chance.
(d) The principal said to the teachers to ensured that no child was left behind and all the children
got a chance.
Q154. "Where will you be tomorrow at this time, as I will need your help to shift to my new
house?"said the boy.
(a) The boy asked me where would I be the next day at that time as he would need my help to shift
his new house.
(b) The boy asked me where would I be the next day at that time as he would need my help to shift
to his new house.
(c) The boy asked me that where would I be the next day at that time as he would need my help to
shift his new house.
(d) The boy asked me where would I be the next day at this time as he would need my help to shift
his new house.
Q155.The old man wanted to know who was the main character of the play and could someone tell
him the main story line of the play.
(a) "Who is the main character in that play?Can someone tell me the main storyline of the
play?"asked the old man.
(b) "Who is the main character in this play? Can someone tell me the main storyline of the
play?"asked the old man.

(c) "Which is the main character in this play? Can someone tell me the main storyline of the
play?"asked the old man.
(d) "Which is the main character in this play? Could someone tell me the main storyline of the
play?"asked the old man.
Q156. The dreamy poet said ,”I like clouds in the sky with a lot of thunder and lightening and I
love it when it rains all over the place here.”
(a) The dreamy poet said that he likes clouds in the sky with a lot of thunder and lightening and he
loves it when it rained all over the place there.
(b) The dreamy poet said that he likes clouds in the sky with a lot of thunder and lightening and he
loves it when it rains all over the place here.
(c) The dreamy poet said that he likes clouds in the sky with a lot of thunder and lightening and he
loves it when it rains all over the place there.
(d) The dreamy poet said that he likes clouds in the sky with a lot of thunder and lightening and he
loved it when it rains all over the place there
Q157. “I wish I had something to eat,” said Ravi.
(a) Ravi said that he had something to eat.
(b) Ravi wished to have something to eat.
(c) Ravi said that he wished he had something to eat.
(d) Ravi said that he wished that he had something to eat.
Q158. The General said to the soldiers, “Bravo! You fought bravely.”
(a) The General applauded the soldiers saying that they had fought bravely
(b) The General told the soldiers that they had fought bravely.
(c) The General exclaimed with praise that the soldiers had fought bravely.
(d) The General praised the soldiers as they fought bravely.
Q159. “Are you being attended to, Sir?” said the shop assistant.
(a) The shop assistant asked me whether I am being attended to.
(b) The shop assistant said that if he was being attended to.
(c) The shop assistant asked the customer if he was being attended to.
(d) The shop assistant asked me whether you are being attended to.

Q160. He asked me, “What time will the sun set tomorrow?"
(a) He asked me what time does the sun set the next day.
(b) He asked me what time the sun would set tomorrow.
(c) He asked me what time the sun would set the next day.(d) He asked me what time would the sun set the next day.Q161. He said, “Be quiet and listen to my words.”
(a) He urged them to be quiet and listen to his words
(b) He said they should be quiet and listen to his words
(c) He urged them and said be quiet and listen to words
(d) He said you should be quiet and listen to my words
Q162. She exclaimed with regret that it was a pity that he had missed the function as it had been
a lovely evening.
(a) She said, "What a pity they missed the function!"It was such a lovely evening.
(b) She said, "What a pity you missed the function!"It was such a lovely evening."
(c) She said,"What a pity you missed this function!"It was such a lovely evening."
(d) She says,"What a pity you missed the function!"It was such a lovely evening."
Q163. The travel agent told the tourist that those were the documents he would require and
reminded him to present them at the embassy the following day.
(a) „These are the documents you will require,‟ the travel agent told the tourist."Make sure you
present them at the embassy tomorrow."
(b) „These are the documents you would require,‟ the travel agent told the tourist."Make sure you
present them at the embassy tomorrow."
(c) „These are the documents you require,‟ the travel agent told the tourist."Make sure you present
them at the embassy tomorrow."
(d) „These are the documents you will require,‟ the travel agent told the tourist."Make sure you
presented them at the embassy tomorrow."
Q164. "How about having a fresh lemonade before we start on the trip!"asked the guide.
(a) The guide suggested us to have a fresh lemonade before we started on the trip.
(b) The guide told about having a fresh lemonade before we started on the trip.

(c) The guide ordered having a fresh lemonade before we started on the trip.
(d) The guide proposed having a fresh lemonade before we started on the trip.
Q165. "Its very dirty to look out of this window as there are heaps of garbage lying everywhere,"
said Anu to her maid, "Make sure it is clean today."
(a) Anu said to her maid that it was very dirty to look out of the window as there were heaps of
garbage lying everywhere.She ordered her to clean it.
(b) Anu said to her maid that it was very dirty to look out of that window as there were heaps of
garbage lying everywhere. She ordered her to clean it that day.
(c) Anu ordered her maid that it was very dirty to look out of that window as there were heaps of
garbage lying everywhere. She ordered her to clean it that day.
(d) Anu said to her maid it was very dirty to look out of that window as there were heaps of garbage
lying everywhere. She requested her to clean it that day.
Q166. "Wow!The little girl has designed such a beautiful logo for the magazine,"said the
principal,"You are a very talented child."
(a) The principal exclaimed with joy that the little girl had designed a beautiful logo for the magazine
and she is a very talented child.
(b) The principal exclaimed that the little girl had designed a beautiful logo for the magazine and
she is a very talented child.
(c) The principal exclaimed with joy the little girl had designed a beautiful logo for the magazine and
she is a very talented child.
(d) The principal exclaimed with surprise that the little girl had designed a beautiful logo for the
magazine and she is a very talented child.
(d) The principal
exclaimed with surprise that the little girl had designed a beautiful logo for the
magazine and she is a very talented child. (Incorrect Reporting Verb)
Q167. He said,"Good morning boys!Are you ready for the practice session?"
(a) He wished the boys good morning and asked them that were they ready for the practice session.
(b) He wished the boys good morning and inquired from them that were they ready for the practice
session.
(c) He wished the boys good morning and asked them if they were ready for the practice session.
(d) He wished the boys and asked them that were they ready for the practice session.
Q168. He said ,"Fi!" and vomitted."I think the milk I drank did not suit me."
(a) He exclaimed with disgust and vomitted and said that he thought the milk he had drunk did not
suit him.
(b) He exclaimed with disgust and vomitted and said that he thought the milk he drank did not suit
him.
(c) He exclaimed disgustfully and vomitted and said that he thinks the milk he had drunk did not
suit him.
(d) He exclaimed with disgust and vomitted and said that he thought the milk he had drank did not
suit him.
Q169.The child said,"Mam ,Idont want to sit on this chair as I feel all the cold air that is coming in
through the door."The teacher said,"Close the door."
(a) The child said to his mam that he does not want to sit on that chair as he felt all the cold air
coming in through the door.The teacher asked him to close the door.
(b) The child said to his mam that he did not want to sit on the chair as he felt all the cold air
coming in through the door.The teacher asked him to close the door.
(c) The child said to his mam that he did not want to sit on that chair as he feels all the cold air
coming in through the door.The teacher asked him to close the door.
(d) The child said to his mam that he did not want to sit on that chair as he felt all the cold air
coming in through the door.The teacher asked him to close the door.
Q170. "Please give me your pen I will just fill this form and return it to you right now,"said the
customer to the clerk.
(a) The clerk requested the customer to give him his pen as he would fill in that form and return it
right then.
(b) The customer requested the clerk to give him his pen as he would fill in this form and return it
right then.
(c) The clerk requested the customer for give him his pen as he would fill in that form and return it
right then.
(d) The customer requested the clerk to give him his pen as he would just fill in that form and
return it right then.
Q171. " Do you have online courses and do you conduct regular tests in your centre at
Pinnacle,"asked the boy."We do,"replied the receptionist.
(a) The boy asked the receptionist at Pinnacle if they had online courses and if they conducted
regular tests. The receptionist replied in the positive.

(b) The boy interrogated from the receptionist at Pinnacle if they had online courses and if they
conducted regular tests. The receptionist replied in the positive.
(c) The boy asked the receptionist at Pinnacle that if they had online courses and if they conducted
regular tests. The receptionist replied in the positive.
(d) The boy asked the receptionist at Pinnacle if they had online courses and if they did conduct
regular tests. The receptionist replied in the positive
.
Q172.
The senior manager said,"I order you to tell me where the rest of the staff has gone today."Sir
I dontknow,they were not here when I came,"the girl replied.
(a) The senior manager ordered the girl to tell him where the rest of the staff has gone that day.The
girl replied respectfully that she didn't know and they were not there when she had come.
(b) The senior manager ordered the girl to tell him where the rest of the staff had gone that day.The
girl replied respectfully that she didn't know and they were not there when she had come.
(c) The senior manager ordered the girl to tell him where had the rest of the staff gone that day.The
girl replied respectfully that she didn't know and they were not there when she had come.
(d) The senior manager ordered the girl to tell him where the rest of the staff had gone that day.The
girl replied respectfully that she doesn't know and they were not there when she had come.
Q172. " Please select one of these two cars,"said Mahesh to his wife,"It is your gift for your
birthday."
(a) Mahesh requested his wife to please select one of those two cars as her birthday gift.
(b) Mahesh requested his wife select one of those two cars as her birthday gift.
(c) Mahesh requests his wife to select one of those two cars as her birthday gift.
(d) Mahesh requested his wife to select one of those two cars as her birthday gift.
Q173. Ratan Tata said to the new joinees that life is not just just about making money its also
about building relationships and nurturing them.Money is not the goal.
(a)Ratan Tata said to the new joinees,"Life is not just just about making money its also about
building relationships and nurturing them.Money was not the goal."
(b) Ratan Tata says to the new joinees,"Life is not just just about making money its also about
building relationships and nurturing them.Money is not the goal."
(c) Ratan Tata said to the new joinees,"Life was not just just about making money its also about
building relationships and nurturing them. Money is not the goal."
(d) Ratan Tata said to the new joinees,"Life is not just just about making money its also about
building relationships and nurturing them.Money is not the goal."

Q174. Mini said to me, “I have bought this flat for my mother.”
(a) Mini told that she had bought that flat for her mother.
(b) Mini said that she bought that flat for her mother.
(c) Mini said she has bought that flat for mother.
(d) Mini told me that she had bought that flat for her mother.
Q176. “Don‟t do any more work until you have had a rest'' her mother advised her.
(a) Her mother advised her not to do any more work until she has had a rest
(b) Her mother advised her not do any more work until she had had a rest.
(c) Her mother advised her that she would not do any more work until she had had a rest.
(d) He mother advised her that she need not do any more work until she had had a rest.
Q177. “Make me another suit like this,” he said to the tailor.”I can‟t,‟‟ replied the tailor.
(a) He asked the tailor to make him another suit like this the tailor replied he could not.
(b) He asks the tailor to make him another suit like this the tailor replied he could not.
(c) He asked the tailor to make him another suit like that the tailor replied he could not.
(d) He asked the tailor to make me another suit like this the tailor replied he could not.
Q178. The boy said, “Bravo ! You have done well. We are proud of your achievement.”
(a) The boy said that he had done well and they were proud of his achievement.
(b) The boy exclaimed that he had done well and they were proud of his achievement.
(c) The boy applauded him saying that he had done well and they were proud of his achievement.
(d) The boy said bravo he had done well and they were proud of his achievement.
Q179. I said to my sister, “I brought you a doll yesterday."
(a) I told my sister that I brought you a doll the previous day
(b) I told my sister that I had brought her a doll the previous day
(c) I told my sister that I had brought her a doll yesterday
(d) I told my sister that I brought her a doll yesterday
Q180. The captain said to the army, “March forward, now."The tired army replied,”Its not possible.”
(a) The captain said to the army that march forward now but the tired army replied that it was not
possible.
(b) The captain ordered the army to march forward then but the tired army replied that it was not
possible.
(c) The captain ordered the army to march on that day but the tired army replied that it was not
possible.
(d) The captain ordered the army to attack the enemy but the tired army replied that it was not
possible.
Q181. They said, “We've lived here for a long time and now we have begun to like all the places
here.”
(a) They said they have lived there for a long time and now they had begun to like all the places
there.
(b) They said they had lived here for a long time and now they had begun to like all the places there
(c) They said they had lived there for a long time and now they had begun to like all the places there
(d) They said they have lived for a long time and now they had begun to like all the places there
Q182. “Would you open the door please?” she said. “No, I can‟t as the door is jammed.”
(a) She asked me to please open the door but I replied that I couldn‟t as the door was jammed.
(b) She requested me to open the door but I replied that I couldn‟t as the door was jammed
(c) She requested me to please open the door but I replied that I couldn‟t as the door was jammed.
(d) She asked me open the door but I replied that I couldn‟t as the door was jammed.
Q183. The teacher said, “Gandhiji was born in India and he led us to freedom.”
(a) The teacher said that Gandhij had been born in India and he led us to freedom.
(b) The teacher said that Gandhiji was born in India and he led us to freedom
(c) The teacher says that Gandhiji was born in India and he led us to freedom
(d) The teacher will say that Gandhiji was born in India and he led us to freedom
Q184. The teacher said to the student “Why do you disturb the class?”The student replied, ”I enjoy
this.”
(a) The teacher said to the student why he disturbed the class.The student replied that he enjoyed
that.

(b) The teacher told the student why he had disturbed the class .The student replied that he enjoyed
that.
(c) The teacher asked the student why he disturbed the class. The student replied that he enjoyed
that.
(d) The teacher asked the student why he had disturbed the class The student replied that he
enjoyed that.
Q185. The child says to her, “Mam, Happy Teacher‟s Day.”
(a) The child says to her respectfully Happy Teacher‟s Day.
(b) The child wished her happy teacher‟s day.
(c) The child wished his mam happy teacher‟s day.
(d) The child wishes his mam happy teacher‟s day.
Q186. The lady said to the servant, “If you don‟t wash the clothes properly, I will dismiss you."
(a) The lady warned the servant that she would dismiss her if she didn‟t wash the clothes properly
(b) The lady told the servant that she would dismiss her on the event of bad work.
(c) The lady cautioned the servant that she must wash the clothes properly.
(d) The lady advised the servant to wash the clothes properly.
Q187. „There are ceremonies going on", he said to me,” Don‟t come in with your shoes.”
(a) He told me that there were ceremonies going on and not to come in with my shoes.
(b) He told that there have been ceremonies going on and not to come in with my shoes
(c) He told that there had been ceremonies going on and not to come in with my shoes
(d) He told that there are ceremonies going on and not to come in with my shoes
Q188. He said to Manoj, “May you prosper.”
(a) He wished that Manoj should prosper
(b) He wished that Manoj may prosper
(c) He wished that Manoj might prosper
(d) He wished Manoj to prosper.
Q189. The mother said, “What can I do for you, my son?"
(a) The mother said to her son what she could do for him
(b) The mother asked her son what she did for him
(c) The mother asked her son what she could do for him
(d) The mother asked what she could do for him, my son
Q190. The self respecting lady said, “I refuse to apologise as it is not my mistake. You can do
whatever you wish.”
(a) The self respecting lady said that she had refused to apologise as it was not her mistake. She
told him to do whatever he wished
(b) The self respecting lady said that she refused to apologise as it was not her mistake. She told
him to do whatever he wishs.
(c) The self respecting lady said she refused to apologise as it was not her mistake. She told him to
do whatever he wished
(d) The self respecting lady said that she refused to apologise as it was not her mistake. She told
him to do whatever he wished
Q191. “Be quiet" I said to them.”Do not make a noise as a test is going on in the next room.”
(a) I told them to be quiet and not to make a noise as a test was going on in the next room.
(b) I asked them to remain quiet and not to make a noise as a test was going on in the next room.
(c) I told to them for being quiet and not to make a noise as a test was going on in the next room.
(d) I ordered them to remain quiet and not to make a noise as a test was going on in the next room.
Q192. He looked at them and said, “Run for your lives, Heavens are falling.”
(a) He looked at them and told them to run for their lives, Heavens were falling.
(b) He looked at them and told them to run for their lives, Heavens had been falling.
(c) He looked and told them to run for their lives, Heavens were falling.
(d) He looked at them and told them to run for lives, Heavens were falling.
Q193. He said, “The teacher usually does not ask any question.”
He said that -
(a) the teacher usually does not ask any question.
(b) the teacher usually did not ask any question

(c) the teacher usually asked no question
(d) the teacher usually did not asked any question
Q194. The child looked at the puppy innocently and said, “ I want to take you home.”
(a) The child looked at the puppy innocently and said that he wants to take it home.
(b) The child looked at the puppy innocently and said that he wanted to take it home
(c) The child looked at the puppy innocently and said that he wanted it home to be taken.
(d) The child looks at the puppy innocently and said that he wanted to take it home.
Q195. I said to him, “How do you know this?”
(a) I asked him how l knew that.
(b) I asked him that how he knew that
(c) I told him how I knew that
(d) I asked him how he knew that.
Q196. He said, “We are all sinners. We have to die and go to heaven one day.”
(a) He said that we are all sinners and we have to die and go to heaven one day.
(b) He said they were all sinners and we have to die and go to heaven one day.
(c) He said that he was a sinner and he had to die and go to heaven one day.
(d) He said all were sinners and they had to die and go to heaven one day.
Q197. “Would you mind taking off your shoes before entering the house ?” He said to the foreigner.
(a) He requested the foreigner to take off his shoes before entering the house
(b) He told the foreigner that he must take off his shoes before entered the house
(c) He said the foreigner that to take off his shoes before entered the house
(d) Before entering the house he said that shoes must be taken off.
Q198. “I lost my book yesterday”, she said to her teacher. “How could you be so careless!” replied
the teacher.
(a) She admitted to her teacher that she had lost her book the previous day. The teacher exclaimed
angrily that how she could be so careless.

(b) To her teacher she was admitted that she has lost her book the previous day.The teacher
exclaimed angrily that how she could be so careless.
(c) She admitted losing her book to her teacher yesterday. The teacher exclaimed angrily that how
she could be so careless.
(d) She said to her teacher that I have lost my book the previous day. The teacher exclaimed angrily
that how she could be so careless.
Q199. “Do you want some more sweets ?” asked my friend.
(a) My friend asked me if I want some more sweets
(b) My friend said to me if I wanted some more sweets.
(c) My friend asked me whether I wanted some more sweets.
(d) My friend asked me that I wanted some more sweets
Q200. “Who admitted the mistake before the judge? “asked my friend.
(a) My friend asked who admitted the mistake before the judge.
(b) My friend asked that who admitted the mistake before the judge.
(c) My friend asked me who had admitted the mistake before the judge.
(d) My friend asked who had admitted the mistake before the judge.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment