Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Direct/Indirect SET 3

Directions : In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q201
.The winning team yelled in a loud voice, “We deserve to be the winners."
(a) The winning team yelled loudly that they deserve to be the winners
(b) The winning team yelled in a loud voice that they deserved to be the winners.
(c) The winning team yelled in a loud voice that we deserve to be the winners.
(d) The winning team were shouting loudly that they deserved winning.
Q202. He said to me, "Please do not talk during the presentation.‟‟.
(a) He said to me to not talk during the presentation.
(b) He requested me not to talk during the presentation
(c) He requested me talk during the presentation
(d) He said to me not to talk during the presentation.
Q203. He said, “My parents are planning a world tour on their fiftieth marriage anniversary.”
(a) He said that his parents had been planning a world tour on their fiftieth marriage anniversary
(b) He said that his parents planned a world tour on their fiftieth marriage anniversary

(c) He said that his parents were planning a world tour on their fiftieth marriage anniversary.
(d) He says that his parents were planning a world tour on their fiftieth marriage anniversary.
Q204. He said, “How careless of him to forget his car keys at home.!”
(a) He remarked that it was very careless of him to forget his car keys at home.
(b) He remarked on his great careless to forget his car keys at home.
(c) He remark that it was very careless of him to forget his car keys at home.
(d) He remarked that it is very careless of him to forget his car keys at home.
Q205.“How was the information leaked ?” She wanted to know.
(a) She wanted to know how was the information leaked .
(b) She wanted to know how the information got leaked.
(c) She wanted to know how did the information get leaked.
(d) She wanted to know how the information had leaked.
Q206. “You are Radhika‟s son and her younger daughter, I presume,” he said.
(a) He said that he presumed us Radhika‟s son and her younger daughter.
(b) He said that he presumed that we were Radhika‟s son and her younger daughter
(c) He said that had presumed us as Radhika‟s son and her younger daughter
(d) He said that he presumes that we are Radhika‟s son and her younger daughter.
Q207. She said to the man, “Keep away from the grass".
(a) She asked the man to keep away from the grass.
(b) She asked the man not to go near the grass.
(c) She asked the man to not go near the grass.
(d) She ordered the man not to go near the grass.
Q208. He asked me, “Have you finished submitting the necessary documents for the passport ?”
(a) He asked me whether I had finished submitting the necessary documents for the passport
(b) He asked me if had I finished submitting the necessary documents for the passport
(c) He asked me if I have finished submitting the necessary documents for the passport

(d) He asked me whether I finished submitting the necessary documents for the passportQ209. The Army said, “We have done whatever we could."
(a) The Army said that they had done whatever we could.
(b) The Army said that they have done whatever they could.
(c) The Army said that they had done whatever they could have done.
(d) The Army said that they did whatever they could.
Q210. He said that he had been waiting there since morning
(a) He said; “I have been waiting there since morning,”
(b) He said, “He has been waiting here since morning”
(c) He said, “He has been waiting there since morning”
(d) He said, “I am waiting here since morning"
Q211. “Please, take me to the officer,” said the visitor.
(a) The visitor requested them to take him to the officer
(b) The visitor told them to take him to the officer
(c) The visitor requested for the officer to be taken
(d) The visitor wanted the officer to take him there
Q212. Neelima said, “What a lovely aroma this soup has, it smells of pleasant herbs !”
(a) Neelima exclaimed with joy that soup had a lovely aroma and it smelt of pleasant herbs.
(b) Neelima exclaimed that soup had a lovely aroma and it smelt of pleasant herbs.
(c) Neelima exclaimed that soup had a lovely aroma and it smells of pleasant herbs.
(d) Neelima exclaimed that soup has a lovely aroma and it smelt of pleasant herbs.
Q213. The busy receptionist said, “I will talk to you in detail tomorrow I am in a hurry today,"
(a) The busy receptionist said that she was in a hurry that day so she would talk to him in detail the
next day.
(b) The busy receptionist said that I am in a hurry today so she would talk to him in detail the next
day.

(c) The busy receptionist said that she is in a hurry that day so she would talk to him in detail the
next day.
(d) The busy receptionist said that she is in a hurry that day so she would talk to him in detail the
next day.
Q214.They said, “We are practicising for the youth festival,”
(a) They said that they are practicing for the youth festival.
(b) They said that they practiced for the youth festival.
(c) They said that they were practicing for the youth festival.
(d) They said they were practicing for the youth festival.
Q215. The teacher screamed at the child," Did you do this?" How could you be so careless!"
(a) The teacher asked the child screamingly if he had done that and wondered how he could be so
careless.
(b) The teacher asked the child screamingly if he did that and wondered how he could be so
careless.
(c) The teacher asked the child screamingly if he had done that and wondered how could he be so
careless.
(d) The teacher asked the child screamingly had he done that and wondered how he could be so
careless.
Q216. Sushil said to him, "I have been helping your son for years but now it is high time he
becomes independent".
(a) Sushil told him that he has helped his son for years but then it was high time he became
independent.
(b) Sushil told him that he had been helping his son for years but then it was high time he became
independent.
(c) Sushil told him that he had helped his son for years but now it was high time he became
independent.
(d) Sushil told him that he had been helping his son for years but then it were high time he became
independent.
Q217. He said to me, “What are you doing now?”
(a) He asked me that what he was doing then.
(b) He asked me what I was doing now.

(c) He asked me what I was doing then.
(d) He told me what
he was doing then.Q218. He said to me, “Please, visit my office tomorrow”.
(a) He said to me to visit his office tomorrow.
(b) He requested me to visit his office tomorrow.
(c) He requested me to visit his office the next day.
(d) He told me to visit his office the the next day.
Q219. Ravish said, “I am afraid we are rather late.”
(a) Ravish screamed that he was worried that they will be late.
(b) Ravish said that he was afraid that they were rather late
(c) Ravish shouted if he was afraid that they were rather late.
(d) Ravish exclaimed that he was afraid whether they would be late.
Q220. He asked me, “When did you visit Delhi?”
(a) He told me when I visited Delhi.'
(b) He asked me when he had visited Delhi.
(c) He asked me when I had visited Delhi.
(d) He asked me when I was visiting Delhi.
Q221. He said, "Babies, drink milk."
(a) He said that babies drink milk.
(b) He told that babies should drink milk.
(c) He advised the babies to drink milk.
(d) He said that babies drank milk.
Q222. Kanan said to Subha ,”I„ll return the book after I have read it.”
(a) Kanan told Subha that he will return the book after he has read it.
(b) Kanan told Subha that he would return the book after he has read it.
(c) Kanan told Subha that he will return the book after he read it.

(d) Kanan told Subha that he would return the book after he had read it.Q223. The boss said to his secretary ,”Did you discuss the matter with the manager?”
(a) The boss asked his secretary whether he discussed that matter with the manager.
(b) The boss asked his secretary if you have discussed that matter with the manager.
(c) The boss asked his secretary if he had discussed the matter with the manager.
(d) The boss asked his secretary whether he has discussed that matter with the manager.
Q224. She said, “May you live long!”
(a) She prayed that I might live long.
(b) She prays that I might live long.
(c) She wished that she might live long.
(d) She prayed that my life may be longer.
Q225. He said,“ Oh! Enough!”
(a) He exclaimed with disgust that it was enough.
(b) He exclaimed with disgust if it was enough.
(c) He told with surprise that it was enough.
(d) He shouted that it is enough.
Q226. Rama said, “Dear! I have spilt tea on the sofa cloth.”
(a) Rama exclaimed that she has spilt tea on the sofa cloth. (Incorrect change of tense)
(b) She exclaimed with sorrow that she had spilt tea on the sofa cloth. (Correct)
(c) She shouted that she spilt tea on the sofa cloth. (Incorrect Reporting Verb)
(d) She exclaimed with surprise that
I had spilt tea on the sofa cloth. (Incorrect change of pronoun)Q227. He said, “Would that she were not so inhuman!”
(a) He wishes that she was not so inhuman. (Incorrect Reporting Verb)
(b) He wished that she was not so inhuman. (In imaginary sentences the verb used is plural)
(c) He wished that she were not so inhuman. (Correct)
(d) He desired that he were not so inhuman. (Incorrect Reporting Verb)
Q228. I said, "I came here yesterday,”
(a) I said that I came here that day.
(b) I said that go here yesterday.
(c) I said that I had come there the previous day.
(d) I say that I went there the previous day.
Q229. He said, "The government is writing letters,"
(a) He said that the government is writing letters.
(b) He said that the government was writing letters.
(c) He said that the government will write letters.
(d) He said that the government wrote letters.
Q230. He said, “I have passed the examination."
(a) He said that he had passed the examination.
(b) He announced that he has passed the examination.
(c) He said that he had to pass the examination
(d) He said that he has passed the examination
Q231. The doctor says, "It is better you undergo a surgery next week,"
(a) The doctor advised me to undergo a surgery the following week.
(b) The doctor says that it is better I undergo a surgery the following week.
(c) The doctor says that it was better I underwent a surgery the coming week.
(d) The doctor advises that it is better I underwent a surgery the following week.
Q232.The teacher asked the student when he would submit his assignment.
(a) The teacher said to the student, “When will you submit your assignment
(b) The teacher asked the student, “When will you submit his assignment?"
(c) The teacher asked the student, "When would you submit his assignment?”
(d) The teacher asked the student, “When would he submit his assignment?"
Q233.The Principal asked me whether I had informed the Chief Guest the revised schedule the day
before.
(a) The Principal said to me, “Did I inform the Chief Guest the revised schedule the day before?"

(b) The Principal said to me, “Have I informed the Chief Guest the revised schedule the day before?”
(c) The Principal said to me, “Have you informed the Chief Guest the revised schedule yesterday?"
(d) The Principal said to me, “Did you inform the Chief Guest the revised schedule yesterday?”
Q234. “Don‟t play on the grass, boys," she said.
(a) She ordered the boys “Don't play on the grass."
(b) She said to the boys that they should not play on the grass.
(c) She told the boys that they should not be playing on the grass.
(d) She told the boys not to play on the grass.
Q235. “What a terrible storm it is!” he said,
(a) He exclaimed that it was a terrible storm.
(b)He exclaimed that it has been a terrible storm.
(c)He exclaimed that it will be a terrible storm.
(d)He exclaimed that it is a terrible storm.
Q236. The traveller .said, “What a beautiful sight!"
(a) The traveller exclaimed that it was an beautiful sight.
(b)The traveler exclaimed that it was a beautiful sight.
(c)The traveller said that it was beautiful.
(d)The traveller remarked the beautiful sight.
Q237. The Chief Guest said. “It gives me great pleasure to be here this morning.”
(a) The Chief Guest said that that gave me great pleasure to be there that morning.
(b)The Chief Guest said that it gave him great pleasure to be there that morning.
(c)The Chief Guest said that it gives him great pleasure to be here that morning.
(d)The Chief Guest said that it gives him great pleasure to be there that morning,
Q238. He said, “What a lovely voice she has I"
(a) He exclaimed that she had a very lovely voice.
(b) He exclaimed that she has a very lovely voice.

(c) He exclaimed that she did not have a lovely voice.
(d) He exclaimed that she does not have a lovely voice.
Q239. He said to me, “Where is the post office ?"
(a) He asked me that where the post office was.
(b) He asked me where was the post office.
(c) He wanted to know where the post office was.
(d) He asked me where the post office was.
Q240. He said to me, “You are getting lazy day by day.”
(a) He informed me that I am getting lazy day by day.
(b) He told me that I have been getting lazy day by day.
(c) He told me that I was getting lazy day by day.
(d) He told me that you were getting lazy day by day.
Q241. Raju said to me that he was going to read a book that week.
(a) Raju said, “I am going to read a book this week."
(b) Raju said, “I will be reading a book this week.”
(c) Raju said. “I would be reading a book this week.”
(d) Raju said, “I may read a book this week.”
Q242. My father said, “Honesty is the best policy.”
(a) My father stated that honesty was the best policy.
(b) My father said that honesty is the best policy.
(c) My father said that honesty was the best policy.
(d) My father said that honesty has been the best policy.
Q243. She yelled, “Please help me."
(a) She yelled at one for some help.
(b) She yelled for someone to help.
(c) She yelled for someone to help her.

(d) She yelled at someone to help her.Q244. He asked me why I was late.
(a) He asked me, "Why are you late?”
(b) He asked me, “Why I was late?”
(c) He asked me, “Why you are late ?”
(d) He asked me, “Why am I late?"
Q245. He said that I needn't wait there.
(a) He said, “You needn‟t wait here."
(b) He said, "I needn't wait there."
(c) He said, “You needn't wait there."
(d) He said, “I needn‟t wait here.”
Q246. I said to the worker, "How do you like your job?"
(a) I told the worker how he liked his job.
(b) I asked the worker how you like your job.
(c) I asked the worker how he liked his job.
(d) I asked the worker how you liked his job.
Q247. “I don't know why they haven‟t signed the papers and accepted the gift,” said Crene to me.
(a) Crene told me that, he didn't know why they hadn‟t signed the papers and accepted the gift.
(b) Crene told me that he don't know why they haven't signed the papers and accepted the gift.
(c) Crene told me that I don't know why they haven't signed the papers and accepted the gift.
(d) Crene said to me that he didn't know why they hadn't signed the papers and accepted the gift.
Q248. She said, “I must have a computer to prepare a power point presentation."
(a) She said she had to have a computer to prepare a power point presentation.
(b) She said she should have a computer to prepare a power point presentation.
(c) She said she would have a computer to prepare a power point presentation.
(d) She said she could have a computer to prepare a power point presentation.

Q249. “Don‟t hesitate to clear your doubts," the teacher said.
(a) The teacher told me not to hesitate in clearing my doubts.
(b) The teacher ordered me not to hesitate in clearing my doubts.
(c) The teacher persuaded me not to hesitate in clearing my doubts.
(d) The teacher requested me not to hesitate in clearing my doubts.
Q250. He said, “I am glad to be here this evening."
(a) He said that he was glad to be there that evening.
(b) He said he was glad to be here this evening.
(c) He says he was glad be here this evening.
(d) He asked he is glad to be here this evening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directions: In these questions a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Out of the four
alternatives suggested, suggest the one which best expresses the same sentence in
direct/Indirect .
Q251.
“May you get this job", said the old lady to her son.
(a)The old lady blessed her son with a job in life.
(b) The old lady prayed for her son‟s job.
(c) The old lady prayed for her son and said that he might get that job.
(d) The old lady blessed her son and said that he might get this job.
Q252. “Good morning children, We will start tenses today." Said the English teacher at Pinnacle..
(a) The English teacher at Pinnacle wished the children to start tenses that day.
(b) The English teacher at Pinnacle wished the children good morning and said that they would
start tenses that day.
(c) The English teacher at Pinnacle greeted the children and said they would be doing tenses that
day.
(d) The English teacher at Pinnacle greeted the children and said we would be doing tenses that
day.
Q253. “Wow! What a lovely weather it is !” said the children.
(a) The children said that wow it was a lovely weather.

(b) The children exclaimed with joy that it was a lovely weather.
(c) The children said that it is lovely weather.
(d) The children exclaimed with joy it was a lovely weather.
Q254. He said to Sita, “What time does the bus leave in the evening and when will you go ?”
(a) He enquired Sita what time did the bus leave in that evening and when would she go.
(b) He asked Sita what time did the bus leave in the evening and when would she go.
(c) He asked Sita what time had the bus left in the evening and when would she go.
(d) He asked Sita what time does the bus leave in the evening and when would she go.
Q255. He cried, “I will never steal again and work hard to improve my life”.
(a) He cried that he would never steal again and he would work hard to improve his life.
(b) He cried that he would never steal again and he will work hard to improve his life.
(c) He cried that he would never steal again and he would work hard to improve my life.
(d) He exclaimed in pain that he would never steal again and he would work hard to improve his
life.
Q256. She said, "Pay the shopkeeper 100 rupees and come quickly.”
(a) She ordered to pay the shopkeeper 100 rupees and come quickly.
(b) She requested to pay the shopkeeper 100 rupees and come quickly.
(c) She ordered to pay the shopkeeper 100 rupees and go quickly.
(d) She ordered pay the shopkeeper 100 rupees and come quickly.
Q257. “ My lord”, the thief cried, please don‟t be so harsh upon me."
(a) The thief begged the judge not to be so harsh with him.
(b) The thief begged the judge to not be so harsh with him.
(c) The thief pleaded the judge not to be so harsh with him.
(d) The thief begged the judge not to be so harsh with
me. (Incorrect change of pronoun)Q258. “What is there for dinner today? said Jaya, “Nothing," said her mother.
(a) Jaya asked her mother what was there for dinner that day. Her mother replied in the negative.
(b) Jaya asked her mother what was there for dinner on that day. Her mother replied there was
nothing.
(c) Jaya asked her mother what is there for dinner on that day. Her mother replied there was
nothing.
(d) Jaya told her mother what was there for dinner on that day. Her mother replied there was
nothing.
Q259. He said to her, “Is this your first attempt in this exam?”(a) He asked her if it was her first attempt in that exam.
(b) He asked her it was her first attempt in that exam.
(c) He interrogated her if it was her first attempt in this exam.
(d) He asked her if it was her attempt in that exam.
Q260. The Chief Minister said, “How much money do you need boys for this project?"(a)The Chief Minister asked the boys how much money they need for this project
(b) The Chief Minister asked the boys how much money is needed for this project
(c) The Chief Minister asked the boys how much money they needed for that project.
(d) The Chief Minister told the boys how much money they needed for that project.
Q261. I said to to my class at Pinnacle, “All of you write your name on the left hand side.”(a) I told my class at Pinnacle to write their names on the left hand side.
(b) I told my class at Pinnacle to write names on the left hand side.
(c) I asked my class at Pinnacle to write their names on the left hand side.
(d) I told my class at Pinnacle to write its names on the left hand side.
Q262. The lady teacher said to the student, “Why were you screaming at the top of your
voice in my absence?”
(a)The lady teacher asked the student why he was screaming at the top of her voice in his absence.
(b) The lady teacher asked the student why was he screaming at the top of his voice in her absence.
(c)The lady teacher scolded the student why he was screaming at the top of his voice in her absence.
(d) The lady teacher asked the student why he was screaming at the top of his voice in her absence.
Q263. „I have been waiting for half an hour , said my friend.
(a) My friend asked that he had been waiting for half an hour.
(b) My friend informed that he had been waiting for half an hour.
(c) My friend told that he has been waiting for half an hour.
(d) My friend told that he had been waiting for half an hour.
Q264. Shanker said to his friend, “Be careful! The floor is wet and you can slip Anil."(a) Shanker told Anil to be careful as the floor was wet and he could slip.
(b) Shanker told Anil to be careful as the floor had been wet and he could slip.
(c) Shanker told Anil to be careful as the floor was wet and he can slip.
(d) Shanker warned Anil to be careful as the floor was wet and he could have slipped.
Q265. The teacher said to Ram, "Would you like to take part in the contest?” Rajiv said,
“Yes"
(a)The teacher asked if Ram would like to take part in the contest and Ram replied yes.
(b) The teacher asked Ram if he would like to take part in the contest and Ram replied in the
positive.
(c)The teacher asked Ram if he would liked to take part in the contest and Ram replied in the
affirmative.
(d)The teacher told Ram if he would like to take part in the contest and Ram replied in the
affirmative.
Q266.“Suppose I repay your loan ", she said to me.(a) She proposed that suppose she repaid my loan.
(b)She proposed that suppose she repay my loan.
(c) She proposed that suppose she repays my loan.
(d) She proposes that suppose she repaid my loan.
Q267. Everybody said, “How well this little child has performed !"(a) Everybody told that that little child had performed very well.
(b) Everybody exclaimed with joy that that little child had performed very well.
(c) Everybody exclaimed with joy that that little child has performed very well.
(d) Everybody exclaimed with joy that that little child performed very well.

Q268. The old man of said, “ My back is paining and I cant walk any more."(a)The old man exclaimed with sorrow that his back was paining and he could not walk any more
(b) The old said that his back was paining and he could not walk any more
(c) The old man cried in pain that his back was paining and he could not walk any more
(d) The old man narrated with sorrow that his back was paining and he could not walk any more
Q269. “Call that corrupt man here immediately", said the Judge.(a)The judge commanded to call that corrupt man immediately there.
(b)The judge commanded them to call that corrupt man immediately there.
(c)The judge commanded that the corrupt man immediately be called there.
(d) The judge commanded to call that corrupt man.
Q270. I said, “Return home before it gets dark or your father will be very angry.”(a) I ordered to return home before it got dark or his father would be very angry.
(b) I ordered to return home before it gets dark or his father would be very angry.
(c) I ordered to return home before it got dark or his father will be very angry.
(d) I ordered to return home before it got dark or his father would have been be very angry.
Q271. The teacher said to Ashok, “Why don‟t you pay attention to your work?”(a) The teacher asked Ashok why he didn‟t pay attention to his work.
(b) The teacher asked Ashok why didn‟t he pay attention to his work
(c) The teacher asked Ashok that why he didn‟t pay attention to his work
(d) The teacher asked Ashok why he didn‟t pay attention to your work
Q272. “Ravi refused to wear the seat belt. Let him Qwer the police officer”, said his father.(a) Ravi‟s father said that Ravi had refused to wear the seat belt and proposed that he Qwers the
police officer.
(b) Ravi‟s father said that Ravi had refused to wear the seat belt and said that he Qwered the police
officer.
(c) Ravi‟s father said that Ravi had refused to wear the seat belt and said that he Qwers the police
officer.

(d) Ravi‟s father said Ravi refused to wear the seat belt and said that he Qwered the police officer.Q273. My mother screamed angrily at me “Do as you wish, I am fed up of helping you in
times of mess."
(a) My mother screamed angrily at me to do as I wished and said that she was fed up of helping me
in times of mess.
(b) My mother screamed angrily at me that do as I wishes and said that she was fed up of helping
me in times of mess.
(c) My mother screamed angrily at me to do as I wishes and said that she was fed up of helping me
in times of mess.
(d) My mother screamed angrily at me to do as I was wishing and said that she was fed up of
helping me in times of mess.
Q274. Gandhiji said, “Independence is the birthright of every nation."(a) Gandhiji said that Independence is the birthright of every nation.
(b) Gandhiji said that Independence was the birthright of every nation.
(c) Gandhiji declared that Independence is the birthright of every nation.
(d) Gandhiji said that Independence has been the birthright of every nation.
Q275. He said to the interviewer, "I can only work upto six O‟ clock and not beyond that as
my house is fifty kilometers away”
(a) He requested the interviewer that he could work upto six O‟ clock and not beyond that as his
house was fifty kilometers away
(b) He told the interviewer that he could work upto six O‟ clock and not beyond that as his house
was fifty kilometers away
(c) He said the interviewer that he can work upto six O‟ clock and not beyond that as his house was
fifty kilometers away”
(d) He told the interviewer that he could work upto six O‟ clock and not beyond that as his house
were fifty kilometers away
Q276. He said to Sita, . “When do you intend to pay back the money you borrowed from me?”(a) He enquired Sita when did she intend to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
(b) He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
(c) He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she had borrowed from him.

(d) He enquired when Sita intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.Q277.“How cruel the boss is! He makes us work for such long years." said the clerk.
(a) The clerk said that the boss was very cruel and he made them work for such long hours.
(b) The clerk said that the boss is very cruel and he made them work for such long hours,
(c) The clerk exclaimed that the boss was very cruel and he made them work for such long hours.
(d) The clerk exclaimed that the boss is very cruel and he makes them work for such long hours.
Q278. My husband said to me, “Wait for me outside."
(a) My husband told me to wait for him outside.
(b) My husband said that I have to wait for him outside.
(c) My husband wanted me to wait for him only outside.
(d) My husband angrily asked me to wait outside.
Q279.The principal kept the date sheet for the exams a secret till the last minute.
(a) The date sheet for the exams was kept a secret by the principal till the last minute.
(b) The date sheet for the exams is kept a secret by the principal till the last minute.
(c) The date sheet for the exams was kept a secret till the last minute.
(d) The date sheet the exams was kept a secret by the principal till the last minute.
Q280. ''The use of technology for constructive work will lessen the work load on all of us,"said the
engineer to his staff.
(a) The engineer said to his staff that the use of technology would lessen work load.
(b) The engineer said to his staff that the use of technology will lessen their work load.
(c) The engineer said to his staff that the use of technology would lessen their work load.
(d) The engineer advised to his staff that the use of technology would lessen our work load.
Q281. “Go to the kitchen and cook properly ,Manju”shouted the lady angrily.
(a) The lady shouted angrily at Manju to go to the kitchen and cook properly.
(b) The lady shouted angrily at Manju that go to the kitchen and cook properly.
(c) The lady shouted angrily at Manju to go to the kitchen.
(d) The lady told Manju to go to the kitchen and cook properly

Q282. “Pack you bag and sharpen your pencils Ravi,”Saidmother . “And don‟t forget to put your
school diary in your bag.”
(a) Mother told Ravi to pack his bag and sharpen his pencils.She also reminded him to put his
school diary in his bag.
(b) Mother told Ravi that pack your bag and sharpen his pencils.She also reminded him to put his
school diary in his bag.
(c) Mother told Ravi to pack his bag and sharpen his pencils.She also remembered him to put his
school diary in his bag.
(d) Mother told Ravi to pack his bag and sharpen his pencils and forbade him to put his school
diary in his bag.
Q283. The child said, “Papa, can you bring a toy for me?” Papa said, „No‟.
(a) The child asked his papa whether he could bring a toy for him. Papa replied in the negative.
(b) The child told his father that he could bring a toy for him. He said no.
(c) The child said to his father if he could bring a toy for him. Papa replied in the negative.
(d) The child asked his father if he could bring a toy for him. Papa replied no.
Q284. The police said to the dacoit, “Don‟t run”.
(a)The police told the dacoit not to running.
(b) The police ordered the dacoit not to run.
(c) The police ordered to the dacoit not to run.
(d) The police ordered that the thief should not run.
Q285. “Dust the windows and close them carefully before you lock the door.”Said the old lady.
(a) The old lady said to dust the windows and close them carefully before lock the door
(b) The old lady said to dust the windows and to close them carefully before the door was locked.
(c) The old lady instructed to dust the windows and to close them carefully.
(d) The old lady instructed to dust the windows and to close them.
Q286. He said, “While I was in Hisar I had an opportunity to visit Haryana Agriculture university.”
(a) He said that when he had been in Hisar he had had an opportunity to visit Haryana Agriculture
university.

(b) He said that when he had been in Hisar he had an opportunity to visit Haryana Agriculture
University
(c) He said that when he had been in Hisar he had had an opportunity to visiting Haryana
Agriculture university
(d) He said that he had been in Hisar he had had an opportunity to visit Haryana Agriculture
university
Q287. The Indians said, “How well the country is progressing under the new PM!”
(a) The Indians told us that the country was progressing very well under the new PM.
(b) The Indians exclaimed with joy that the country was progressing very well under the new PM.
(c) The Indians exclaimed that the country was progressing very well under the new PM
(d) The Indians told us that how very well the country was progressing under the new PM.
Q288. Sunil said to his friend, “Look out! Be careful keep away from the wire."
(a) Sunil told his friend to look out as there was a wire.
(b) Sunil exclaimed with surprise that be careful and keep away from the wire.
(c) Seeing a wire behind him, Sunil asked his friend to be careful.
(d) Sunil exclaimed with surprise to his friend to be careful and keep away from the wire.
Q289. “Call the lawyer and start the proceedings”, said the Judge.
(a) The judge commanded to call the lawyer and start the proceedings.
(b) The judge commanded them to call the lawyer and start the proceedings.
(c) The judge commanded that the lawyer be called and start the proceedings.
(d) The judge commanded the lawyer to be called and start the proceedings.
Q290. “Mahesh created this confusion. Let him sort it up”, said his father.
(a) Mahesh‟s father said that Mahesh had created this confusion and proposed that he sort it up
(b) Mahesh‟s father said that Mahesh had created that confusion and that he was to sorted it
(c) Mahesh‟s father said that Mahesh had created that confusion and suggested that he sort it.
(d) Mahesh‟s father said that Mahesh had created that confusion and suggested that he should sort
it.

Q291. The teacher warned her that the teacher could no longer tolerate her using the mobile in the
class.
(a) The teacher said, “I can no longer tolerate your using the mobile in the class.”
(b) The teacher said to her, “I can no longer tolerate your using the mobile in the class.”
(c) The teacher warned her , “I can no longer tolerate your using the mobile in the class.”
(d) The teacher said, “I can no longer tolerate her using the mobile in the class.”
Q292. My sister said to my mother, “I will certainly take you to Kumbhmela in Nasik this week.”
(a) My sister told my mother that she would certainly take her to Kumbhmela in Nasik that week.
(b) My sister told my mother that I would certainly take her to Kumbhmela in Nasik that week.
(c) My sister told my mother she would certainly take her to Kumbhmela in Nasik that week.
(d) My sister told to my mother that I would take you to Kumbhmela in Nasik that week.
Q293. “How did the cooler stop working so suddenly!” said the child to his mother.
(a) The child wonderingly asked his mother how the cooler stopped.
(b) The child wonderingly asked his mother the cooler had suddenly stopped working.
(c) The child asked his mother how the cooler had stopped working.
(d) The child wonderingly asked his mother how the cooler had suddenly stopped working.
Q294. “How long does it take to reach from Delhi to Hisar" my co-passenger asked me.
(a) My co-passenger asked me how long does it take to reach from Delhi to Hisar
(b) I asked my co-passenger how long it takes to reach from Delhi to Hisar.
(c) My co-passenger wanted to know how long it took to reach from Delhi to Hisar
(d) My co-passenger asked me how long it take to reach from Delhi to Hisar.
Q295. The new joinee screamed, “I don‟t care about the job and I am quitting immediately.”
(a) The new joinee screamed that he didn‟t care about the job and he was quitting immediately.
(b) The new joinee said again and again I didn't care about the job and he was quitting
immediately.
(c) The new joinee screamed that he did not care about the job and so quitted immediately.
(d) The new joinee repeatedly said that he does not cared about the job.

Q296. I said to my family, “Hisar is too hot in this season.Let us go to some hill station for a
change.”
(a) I suggested to my family that Hisar was too hot in that season and they should go to some hill
station for a change.
(b) I suggested to my family that Hisar was too hot in that season and we should go to some hill
station for a change.
(c) I suggested to my family that Hisar is too hot in that season so let us go to some hill station for a
change.
(d) I suggested to my family that let them go to some hill station for a change as Hisar was too hot
in this season.
Q297. The commander said to the army, “March ahead and face the enemy”.
(a) The commander asked the army to march ahead and face the enemy.
(b) The commander ordered the army to march ahead and face the enemy.
(c) The commander requested the army to go forward.
(d) The army requested the commander to march.
Q298. He promised,“I am busy now so I will do it tomorrow ."
(a) He promised that he is busy then so he would do it the next day.
(b) He promised that he was busy then so he would do it the next day.
(c) He promised that he was busy then so he will do it the next day.
(d) He promised that he was busy so he would do it the next day.
Q299. Radhika said, “I did not have the exact information so I did not do this knowingly ."
(a) Radhika said that she hadn‟t the exact information so she hadn‟t done that knowingly.
(b) Radhika said that she hasn‟t the exact information so she hadn‟t done that knowingly.
(c) Radhika said that she hadn‟t the exact information so she hadn‟t did that knowingly.
(d) Radhika said that hadn‟t the exact information so she hadn‟t done this knowingly.
Q300. She said to the receptionist at Pinnacle, “Which documents do I have to bring for
admission?"
(a) She asked the receptionist at Pinnacle which documents she had to bring for admission.
(b) She asked the receptionist at Pinnacle which documents she had had to bring for admission.

(c) She asked which documents she had to bring for admission.
(d) She asked the receptionist at Pinnacle whose documents she had to bring for admission.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment